What You Need:
- Lemon Pepper Season
- Boneless, skinless thin-cut chicken breasts
- 1 Large Lemon
- Garlic Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- A rimmed cookie sheet, pan or large platter to carry the food out to the grill.
- Wash it well after placing food on the grill.
What You Do:
- Start your grill and prep it for med-high heat
- Pat the chicken dry
- Brush chicken with EVOO
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and Lemon Pepper Seasoning on both sides of the chicken
- Place the chicken on one side of pan or plate
- While chicken is soaking up the seasoning, zest half of the lemon
- Slice the lemon and put on the other side of the pan or plate with the chicken
- The grill should be ready and so take the chicken and lemon out to cook
- Spray the grates with a grill-rated cooking spray. Be careful of the lames!
- Place the chicken and lemons on the grill and close the lid
- Check the chicken every 2-3 minutes, they’re thin so they cook fast.
- Check the lemon slices, too. You want them charred but not burnt.
- You can either turn the chicken one-quarter turn for some great grill marks or just turn them over to cook the other side. Be careful not to overcook.
- This dish can be garnished with fresh Rosemary or Thyme and goes well with any veggie side: grilled broccoli, cob-corn, and charred tomato halves